4月3日 (星期四)18°C 66
  news
 
日期:

Iran responds to Trump's letter

28/3/2025 6:28
Iran has sent a response

through Oman to U.S. President Donald Trump's letter in which he

urged Tehran to reach a new nuclear deal, Iranian Foreign

Minister Abbas Araqchi was cited as saying by the official IRNA

news agency on Thursday.



"Our policy is still to not engage in direct

negotiations while under maximum pressure and military threats,

however, as it was the case in the past, indirect negotiations

can continue", IRNA cited Araqchi as saying.



Earlier on Thursday, Kamal Kharrazi, an adviser to Iran's

supreme leader, said that Tehran has not closed all doors to

resolve its disputes with the United States and is ready for

indirect negotiations with Washington.



Tehran has so far rebuffed Trump's warning to make a deal or

face military consequences. Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali

Khamenei called the message deceptive and Araqchi said talks are

impossible unless Washington changes its "maximum pressure"

policy.



"The Islamic Republic has not closed all doors. It is ready

for indirect negotiations with the United States in order to

evaluate the other party, state its own conditions and make the

appropriate decision," Kharrazi said, according to state media.



"Our response includes a letter in which we detailed our

views on the current situation and Mr. Trump's letter", Araqchi

said on Thursday.



In his first 2017-21 term, Trump withdrew the U.S. from a

2015 deal between Iran and world powers that placed strict

limits on Tehran's disputed nuclear activities in exchange for

sanctions relief.



After Trump pulled out in 2018 and reimposed sweeping U.S.

sanctions, the Islamic Republic breached and has since far

surpassed those limits in its escalating programme of uranium

enrichment.



Western powers accuse Iran of having an clandestine agenda

to develop nuclear weapons capability by enriching uranium to a

high level of fissile purity, above what they say is justifiable

for a civilian atomic energy programme.



Tehran says its nuclear programme is wholly for civilian

energy purposes.



|

回主頁關於我們 使用條款及細則版權及免責聲明私隱政策聯絡我們

新城廣播有限公司版權所有,不得轉載。
Copyright © Metro Broadcast Corporation Limited. All rights reserved.