Russian drone attack injures at least 28 people
4/4/2025 5:48
A Russian drone attack on Kharkiv,
Ukraine's second-largest city, triggered fires in an apartment
building and a private house late on Thursday, injuring at least
28 people, local officials said.
Mayor Ihor Terekhov, writing on the Telegram messaging app,
said one person had been killed in the attack on the
Novobavarskyi district. He said 29 people had been injured.
Regional Governor Oleh Syniehubov put the injury toll at 28,
but made no mention of fatalities. He said a child was among
those hurt.
Syniehubov also said one person was hurt in a drone strike
on Ruski Tyshky, a village outside Kharkiv.
Kharkiv, in northeastern Ukraine, has been subject to nearly
nightly Russian drone attacks in the past week, including an
hour-long barrage on Wednesday evening.
The city withstood the advance of Russian troops through
Ukraine and their unsuccessful advance on Kyiv in the early
weeks of the February 2022 invasion.
As Russian forces pulled away from the capital and focused
on Ukraine's east, it became a frequent target of air attacks.
|